Sunday, March 02, 2008

My Kids' Gingerbread Project 2006

Here are photos of the gingerbread house the kids and I made in December 2006. This is a family tradition of ours.

Come to find out I guess I never took a photo of the house when it was totally finished. These are the best I have to share.





As you can see making gingerbread from scratch at home is a messy endeavor. I don't mind the mess.


The three of us enjoy the process. The PROCESS is what counts.


(My husband has no role in this other than eating a few Twizzlers. Oh and if he sees it, he raises his eyebrows at the mess.)

I love my children so much. We have a lot of fun together. We do a lot of projects together, stuff like this. They think this is all fun and good. They don't think of this as work or anything special, they think all families do stuff like this.



Below, older son is talking about something!!





Younger son (aged 6) gives a reply.




Older son, then 9, on his own constructed a mini-manger scene. Unfortunately it fell apart while baking and was wrecked. This is the raw dough shot.




Someone had blogged that they don't scrapbook. Either do I. As you can see I take a lot of photos. As I look over these photos taken 13 months ago I see lots of clues to our lives back then. The non-scrapbooker was saying that she felt that trimming out the backgrounds of the photos would take away important reminders of their memories. I agree.


Another tradition is that we put up a German Christmas Pyramid every year. This photo shows that. You can see my younger son is happy. This is a weekday, at breakfast time, at 8:40am. This is the type of relaxed morning we have with homeschooling, as on this day the other kids in the neighborhood were on the bus on their way to school.



No comments: