Friday, November 17, 2006

Dadaist Postcard: Photographing Mountains



Here is another Dadaist postcard that I made for a swap of that theme for Swap-Bot.com.

We were to select a paragraph or two from a newspaper article, cut up each word, "put them ina hat" ranomly select each word and to glue them down in the order they came out of the "hat".

I chose a newspaper article which described a book that was about to be published. It featured photography, landscape photography of mountains and about mountain climbing. I used just one paragraph. I selected this as it had a lot of adjectives which I thought would work well for a poem.

The background of this postcard is acyclic paints which I applied using a stipple brush.

I selected blue as it reminded me of the color of the night sky.

I tried to think of ways to embellish this without covering up the text and came up empty handed. So it is just as it is, words on a hand painted background.

The base is the cardboard of a recycled cereal box.

Technorati Tags: , , .

No comments: