Friday, August 10, 2007

Unknown: My Mixed Media Collage


Here is the last of ten mixed-media collages I made in July 2007 as part of a guided exercise in the book Kaleidoscope, titled “Unknown”.

In a nutshell we were told to assemble certain types of art materials and then I followed the directions on what to do, but they were vague such as “paint five surfaces” and “write one word” and “scribble with a pencil”. I was forced to work quickly and without the time to put much thought into what I was doing.

This is a fantastic book which is actually a collection of previously published articles from art zines. There are many different authors who wrote the articles in this book. There is also a lot of interesting art contained in the book, again, from many different artists.



Technorati Tags: .

No comments: