Saturday, September 22, 2007

ATC Making Day Today

Today when our plans fell through I declared today a day for me to do something for myself.

I decided to spend some time making ATCs. It has been 12 days since I last made ATCs.

I worked on ATCs for a swap with a technique from the book by Bernie Berlin "Artist Trading Card Workshop". The technique is called emboss resist. I had tried this technique back when I first purchased the book and it was interesting and fun (albeit a long process).

You paint the background, let it dry. You pick rubber stamps out and use UTEE to emboss on them and let that cool. You then paint acrylic paint on top and let that dry. Then using an iron you melt off the UTEE and the paint on top of the UTEE lifts off onto the scrap paper. Then after that is cool and dry you collage on top of that. So it is a long process. These directions are not detailed so don't use these as your base, please.

I made about 15 backgrounds for this.

After collaging, I finished 9 ATCs in this method, so I have enough for the swap I'm participating in.

I am also participating in a Yu-Gi-Oh! themed swap. Using old Yu-Gi-Oh! trading card game boxes I colleged those on top of some of the other backgrounds, finishing 3 ATCs for that swap.

It was fun to make art again. I am going to see if I can eek some time out of tomorrow's schedule to make more art.

Actually first tonight while watching TV in bed I will do some doodling and drawing in my art journal.

It felt fantastic to get 'in the flow' again.

Oh and I'm back to reading "Trust the Process", as a before-bed book.





Technorati Tags: , .

No comments: