Thursday, January 26, 2006

My ATC: At Less Than Wholesale



Title: At Less Than Wholesale

This is another ATC made from ads from the October 1956 issue of Mechanix Illustrated. These ads focus more on buying things at discount prices. I am not sure if the men were supposed to buy them to resell them for profit or if they were just selling items for the consumer to use.

As with others in this series I was inspired by a certain collage I saw in a history of collage book. There was one collage made by a Dada artist which was very geometric.

I like these ATCs as they are little snapshots in time, like a little time capsule.

I was just looking at a 1969 Mechanix Illustrated magazine and see that they had changed the format of the magazine. Gone were the numerous pages of tiny classified ads and the other very small ads such as these.

No comments: