Thursday, January 19, 2006

My ATC: Do You Want To Own Your Own Business?



This is my ATC which I titled "Do You Want To Own Your Own Business". I had fun making a series of collaged ATCs from original papers from an October 1956 Mechanix Illustrate magazine. My father gave me this magazine which he found at my grandmother's home. It was going to be thrown away.

I cut ads from the pages which were advertisting careers for men. Some of the ads touted free training for careers while others advertised coorespondence courses. Some ads promised riches from various industries such as laminating plastic or importing items for pennies per unit and selling them for $2.

Each ATC is like a tiny time capsule. Some of the text is very tiny. I am not sure if the resolution is high enough for them to be seen well on the screen.

Let me know what you think of these. I am going to try to post one ATC per day. So far I have made eight in this series.

No comments: