Monday, February 20, 2006

Making ATCs Again

After a full seven days of no-art making, I had about an hour to work on ATCs yesterday.

I keep being asked how I have time to do this. As I just said I had not had time in the last week to do any artwork.

Yesterday I had an hour while my husband was on an errand with my children. I chose to do more work on some ATCs which I started over a week ago. I did not feel they were finished looking enough. These ATCs are for a swap which mandates that a map be used as part of the background. I thought the ATCs looked too plain and bright and new looking. I painted the entire surfaces with tinted acrylic glaze paint. I also added some rubber stamp impressions to them (using acrylic paint not ink). I put some acrylic paint on the borders. They are not finished yet but needed to dry before further embellishment is able to be done. I also had to clean up in order to play a game with my son and then eat dinner.

I had expected to be able to make more art over the weekend but I chose to blog and do some other projects instead, as well as some house cleaning and I did all the laundry.

Before bed, I have been reading these two books, for inspiration and ideas.

The Complete Guide to Altered Imagery by Karen Michael



Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond the Unexpected by Claudine Hellmuth:



I am getting ready to make some ATCs for a swap which must feaure a photographic images of my face. I think I am leaning toward making poppet like people as Claudine Hellmuth does (which she illustrates in the above book).

You can view some images of Claudine Hellmuth's poppets here, on her website.

Technorati Tags:
, ,

No comments: