Saturday, February 04, 2006

My ATC: Will You Play Ball With Me?



ATC Title: Will You Play Ball With Me?

I made this ATC in December 2005 as part of a "Found Photos" swap. I have no idea who this little girl is but I thought she was so cute!

I could not think of a way to keep the ball in the photo and not have the ball addressed. I thought it was clear from the expression on her face that she wanted someone to play ball with her. Actually she was probably already in the process of playing ball with someone and it appears to me that the adult who took the photo called her name and she turned to look and that is when the picture was snapped.

I used a gift wrap paper from either the 1940s or 1950s which I found new and unused in a stash of papers that my grandmother was hoarding.

I decided to further embellish the ATC with a button which I thought looked like a ball. I cut the back off of the button to make it lie more flat and use Golden Acrylic Gel Medium to adhere it to the ATC.

I decided to hand write "Will You Play Ball With Me?" as I wanted that text to appear rather than have it inferred.

I rounded the corners using a die cutter. I love that little tool!

I thought it needed something else so I added color to the edges by dragging the ATC edge over a rubber stamp ink pad.

This ATC was swapped out and I hope the recipient enjoys it.

No comments: