Thursday, June 15, 2006

Tonight I Made This Blue Block Collage


Tonight after dinner I sat down to make a block collage. This is 5 inches x 7 inches which means it will be cut into four ATCs.

What I did was gather a few small boxes of ephemera. A quick scan of what I had revealed many blue items popping out at me.

What caught my eye for a background was a promotional booklet that the New York Yankees sent us, trying to get us to buy tickets. My background was a large New York Yankees close up photo of a batter.

I then went through some packets of goodies that people sent me when I was hosting ATC swaps. I picked out various mostly blue things from these generous ATC swappers. The Jiffy box was even a RAK (random act of kindness) that someone mailed me, they put ephemera into a Jiffy blueberry muffin mix box and mailed that! The die-cuts were all mailed to me by other ATC swappers.

I added some things that were given to my children as a birthday party goodie bag (tiny card game pieces, long blue strips of paper).

There is one image that I had done in the past which is a rubber stamped butterfly stamp, I don't know the company who made that. I also have my first hand carved stamp image there, the shape of the state of Connecticut with a heart in it. That was left over from a test strip I did when I was doing the carving.

I finished the collage before even looking through all the papers I had on hand. These were all little scraps or little tourist brochures. I didn't use any pages of books and I spent no time going through magazines to find images.

This was a fun diversion.

So I quickly scanned it tonight, and am sharing it with you. I just cut it into four pieces and right now a top coat of sealer is drying. Tomorrow I will add my label to the back and seal that and let that dry.

2 comments:

Nikki in Niagara said...

This is beautiful! Can't wait to see the ATCs

ChristineMM said...

I received this from T.S. by email:

christine,
hi. i just wanted to tell you that i am really loving your blue collage! thank you for sharing. i am feeling so inspired by it that i may just have to try something like that tonight...if i can manage to stay up. i was up until 3 am (i'd had a soda and the caffeine messes with me) playing with atcs for the atc world button swap and playing with the packing tape transfers. it's so easy to lose track of time when "doing art" as my daughter calls it.
thanks again for the inspiration,
T.S.