Monday, July 03, 2006

1001 Journals Website

Thanks to a fellow ATC maker named Lauri Jean Crowe, I found out about this new website called 1001Journals.com through her email chat list posting.

It appears to me that the site was going through Beta testing and now is up and open to the public. I see that many journals are being started as of July 1, 2006.

The site allows for journal keepers to scan and share their private journals. There are also traveling journals. A person can start a journal circulating and when it is done it goes back to the creator to keep. A person can participate in a journal, by receiving it in the mail, adding to it, then mailing it away. Scans of the traveling journals can be placed on the site.

There is a lot of eye candy. My one complaint is that the size of the scans is not large enough for me to see all the details.

If you are interested in journaling or artist journals or drawing or mixed media collage, check out the site.

Right now I am considering starting a journal. While at a library sale this past weekend I picked up two blank books for a very low price which can be use for journals for my own use or to make a traveling journal out of.

Technorati Tags: , , , , .

No comments: