Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Technorati Updated Their Site

Today when I visited Technorati.com to ping my blog I noticed they have updated their site.

Technorati is a service in which a person can search for blog entries by topic of interest. The entries are given with the most recent post at the top (just like a blog’s format!). If you want to read about homeschooling you can type in the keyword “homeschooling” and you will see a list of blog entries on this topic. As a reader of blogs you can find new blogs that you may not have known about.

I see today that now each blog has a ‘cloud’ which shows a list of words which appeared in recent blog entries on that blog.

For we bloggers, we can now use the ‘ping’ (update) button right on the front page of Technorati (more convenient).

The style of the information is all moved around and I think it appears much more clean and easier to read.

For each blog you can view the inbound links that were made to that blog.

There is also a little graph of the number of posts that were done each day in the last month.

If you are a blogger and want to increase traffic to your site, you should consider signing up for a free account at Technorati. By using the tags at the end of your blog post, Technorati will point users to your blog entry with the keywords (tags) of your choice. One of the reasons that I like Technorati is that I can see what blogs or websites are linking to MY blog and also I can have a link on my blog to that same information for my readers to view if they so desire. I also use the Technorati blog search window on my blog and find that it works much better and more accurately than the Google search box worked (there was some problem with the Blogger configuration and Google Blog Search box that made it not work properly). As the author of my blog I do use my Technorati blog search window to find old posts that I had published by keyword (easier than searching manually!).

So check out Technorati if you haven’t done so already!

Technorati Tags: , , .

No comments: