Saturday, January 19, 2008

My ATC: Gift


This ATC was made from the thematic prompt "Gift" for the December CMP ATC Exchange.

I think the message is clear but I'll state it just in case it is not. The word gift relates in this case to people giving themselves the gift of time to do something that you want to do in order to have some enjoyment in your life.

The background was made using the "paint on paper towel" technique which I learned from the book "Artist Trading Card Workshop" by Bernie Berlin.

I typed the word on my word processor and printed it on my computer printer. I used a tissue paper circle sold as party confetti over the top. The bird image is a die cut from a mail order catalog. (I made it long ago and it has been sitting in my pile of ephemera bits.) The long strip is my painting from an old project, a scrap. The fortune is from a fortune cookie that I got with some Chinese take out food months ago.

I chose the bird image specifically because birds have been discussed many times on the Creative Mom Podcast and on the CMP Circle Yahoo Group.



Technorati Tags: , .

No comments: