Monday, October 17, 2005

Swap Lost in Mail and Behind on Posting Scans

I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to post scans of my ATCs. I have scanned all that I made, and I scan all the ATCs before I send them out in the mail. However I just haven't had the time to dedicate to cropping the large scans and making a new document with just that scan then uploading it to my blog. Sorry!

I am also upset because on Saturday I learned that the last swap I participated in seems to be lost in the mail. It has been eight mail-days (9 calendar days) and the swap still hasn't made the 1500 or so mile journey to its destination. I am really disappointed in this as I worked really hard on these. I tried a new technique for me, packing tape transfers. I also did my first embellishments with metallic eyelet decorations. The swap was for the "Seven Wonders of the World". I used 'Cinderella' stamps (stamps which are not postage stamps) from 1974, which were part of my childhood stamp collection. I placed the stamp on a background of a coordinating colored piece of handmade (store bought) paper. I then found text on the internet about that Wonder and copied it into a Word document. I then edited the text a bit so as to not plagiarize. I then changed the font size and font style to make it look nicer. I printed that off on my laser printer then did a packing tape transfer. I added this to the ATC. Then I added postage stamps to each one (most from the 1950s). These stamps were a gift from a former neighbor. They were given to me when I was about 10 years old; she gave me her entire childhood stamp collection, which she put together in the 1940s and 1950s. (Who knows, some may be valuable!)

So all that work was for naught. The swap hostess held up the swap waiting for at least, my ATCs to arrive. I won't be getting ATCs back as part of the swap.

I am so disappointed in it that I decided to hold off on signing up for any other swaps for the time being. I also am dealing with family health issues and that takes energy away from me and is a blocker of creative energy.

Halloween is around the corner so my most urgent project is to teach myself to sew so I can sew costumes for my two children. Wish me luck.

No comments: