Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Photoshop Elements Computer Program

A couple of people have asked me about Photoshop which I have said that I use. They have commented that Photoshop is expensive and that they can’t afford it.

The program I use is actually Adobe Photoshop Elements. I am told that regular Photoshop is much more expensive than Elements. Elements does what I need it to do.

I received my copy of Elements as a prize for having a photo published in a photography book. Therefore I don’t know what the two programs cost.

I do very little with my Elements program. I use it to take scanned images and to resize them and to trim the images of excess white space. I use the program to take a higher resolution scan and to resize it to a lower resolution so that it can be uploaded to Blogger.

I have done some digital image altering with the program. I have also turned some photographs into an image that looks like a rubber stamp then used that as the pattern for hand carved rubber stamps. Turning images into black and white then using them as transfers is something else I’ve done.

Technorati Tags: , .

1 comment:

Kari said...

Do you know, I have used both programs and there isn't a great deal of difference between them (apart from cost) Elements is waaaay cheaper than the full Photoshop, something like 25%!

Granted, it doesn't do some more advanced things that would be handy if you were a commercial printer or submitting work to a printer, but it certainly has more than enough to offer the average user. I have both programs and use Elements predominantly.

Hugs,
kari x