Friday, June 22, 2007

My ATCs: Made With My Hand Carved Stamps



Here are nine ATCs that I made with some of my hand-carved art stamps (rubber base).

The skull one was carved in July 2006 with a base inspiration image of a Pirates of the Carribbean logo which I modified.

The two in the upper right hand corner had backgrounds made with paper towel and Ranger alcohol inks. This technique was learned from the book "Artist Trading Card Workshop" by Bernie Berlin. In the book they used paint but for this as I said I used alchol inks. Actually what I did was work on making backgrounds for ATCs on glossy cardstock with alcohol inks and these paper towels were used for clean up and then recycled later into actual backgrounds. I love to reuse instead of putting things in the trash, some good things come from reusing or "re-purposing".

The smiling face was based on a doodle I made in my art journal while watching TV.

Technorati Tags: , , , .

No comments: