Thursday, March 23, 2006

ATCs with me as a Poppet (TM)


Here are the five ATCs that I made for a "Meet the Author" swap which was to feature a photo of ourselves on the ATC. Since I was reading Claudine Hellmuth's book "Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond the Unexpected" in which she teaches her Poppet (tm) style of collage, I decided to make myself into a Poppet (tm).

I should state that some of these photos are up to three years old. I have a different hair style now and some of these photos are not flattering at all. I was using old photos that I had on hand already rather than making yet another project out of taking a new digital photo of myself, having it printed off at a store, etc. The reason that I didn't make a black and white photocopy of my photo to use for the ATC is that I feared my home photocopier would make inferior copies and because that printer is an ink jet and I didn't know if the ink would get wrecked.

Other than the first one I don't like the way the arms came out.






The technique for making Poppet (tm) collages is outlined step-by-step in Claudine Hellmuth's book "Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond the Unexpected".



Technorati Tags: , , , .

1 comment:

Wanda said...

These are so neat! If I ever get time to do art again, I really, really want to try these.