I scanned my unfinished Spanish text swaps to share with you. I have creative block on these.
These ATCs are for a swap that must use Spanish writing in the swap. The hostess sent each participant 12 pages from books that were written in Spanish. We had to use the Spanish text/writing in some way/any way on the ATCs.
I had trouble matching up the literal content of the pages to a themed ATC. I decided to use the writing from the book as a background sheet.
So far these have at least three layers of acrylic paints or acrylic glazes on them. They are also rubber stamped with pigment dye ink. I worked on these on three different days. One of the challenges of working with paint is waiting in between coats for it to dry.
Now I am stuck.
My inspiration for these was a piece of art published in the current issue of Somerset Studio magazine. I usually don’t do it, but this time I used one piece of art as the inspiration and I tried to copy it, but not an exact copy. What the artist for that piece did that I am not going to do is add a word spelled out in those typewriter keys that you can buy at the craft store in the scrapbook aisle. I also did not have the exact colors of the project but used similar colors.
I need to figure out what to do with these next. I have three weeks until the deadline. For now I have shelved these and am working on other projects. Help. Any feedback is welcome.
Technorati Tags: artist trading cards, ATCs, ATC swaps.