Monday, January 01, 2007

Made 1.5 x 1.5 Inch Collages Yesterday

In between a big family brunch and a New Years Eve party I had three hours to spare. I decided to make some art for a Swap-Bot.com swap. I chose to work on making 1.5 x 1.5 inch collages. I had never done that type of tiny collage before.

It was fun to work on. Once I got going with a general idea they came together quickly. I used my little scrap paper bin to select tiny bits from.

I was thinking the swap was a 5x5 swap and for some reason I thought the swap was with 5 people. I was aiming to make at least 25 collages in one sitting.

Well today I read the guidelines and I have only 2 partners to make 5 collages for. So at that point I had 12 extra little collages.

Then I sat down and made a few more!

I hope to scan them later today when the newest ones are dry.

Then later today the swaps will go out in the mail.

When I upload the scans I’ll share the thought process behind them and what the materials that I used were.

Well that was a fun art project squeezed in between holiday celebrations!

Happy New Year!

Technorati Tags: , .

No comments: