Friday, January 19, 2007

My ATCs: Celebrate Theme


I was making ATCs for a swap with the theme of "celebration". The theme was wide open and could be anything we would celebrate, celebration in general or it could represent a holiday which a person celebrates.

I made more than I needed so I'd have extras on hand to swap out with other people.

The pink backgrounds started as watercolor paper and several shades of pink acrylic paints (cheap paints from the craft store). I used a sample credit card from junk mail as the applicator. The pink paints were swiped across the paper in random strokes, mixing the colors as it went along.

The purple background is acrlyic paint applied with a stipple brush.

The green background ATC is handmade green paper from India, purchased at A.C. Moore in a one pound package.

Champagne image ATCs
The champagne glass images are a rubber stamp with no brand name on them. They were in the $1 bin at A.C. Moore in the past which then went on sale for 77 cents.

I had trouble with some of the inks. Staz-On worked well once but terrible after one use which wrecked a bunch of cards. I changed to dye based ink. Where needed I went over the original image with a black Sharpie marker. The one on green paper was hand drawn by me by copying the image on the stamp.

I used a gold marker to color in the champagne. The same marker was used to make an edge on the border. The ones that have the word celebrate were hand written by me and are either fine point black color Sharpie marker or gold marker.

Margarita ATCs
The margarita ATCs reminded me of my Mom's night out at the Mexican restaurant where we all drink frozen margaritas and when we celebrate our friendship. I used a rubber stamp from the $1 bin at Michael's. I did not use the word "fiesta" that is on the stamp. I used black dye based ink to make the images.

I used colored Sharpie markers to color in the liquid of the drink and the lime garnishes.

The text on the ATC is hand written by me with fine point black colored Sharpie marker.

Technorati Tags: , , .

No comments: