Sunday, April 08, 2007

My ATCs: Fairies


I made these two fairy themed ATCs in March 2007.

Both backgrounds were made a while back with acrylic paints on watercolor paper using the scraping technique with an old credit card.

Both images were from a children’s book mail order catalog of Dover Publications.

One image was turned into a packing tape transfer.

The other image was just glued to the background.

I picked the backgrounds to match the colors.

I picked where on the background to put the image with scrutiny. I made one look like she was flying with color coming out behind her. I made the other look like she was on tip-toe on a flat surface.

I pondered a while as to whether this needed a word or some other embellishment. I liked it the way it was, thinking the background was busy enough.

I sealed it with Golden Acrylic Gel Medium on soft gloss.

Technorati Tags: , .

No comments: