I had not been to my local A.C. Moore in over a month. When making art I have been using up what I have here.
Trips to the hospital take me right past the A.C. Moore store (and Michael’s Crafts, too). The combination of being near the store and being child-less at that point made me stop in to shop.
Here is what I found at my local A.C. Moore.
1. They moved the huge book display from the area near the doors/cash registers and I can’t find those books anywhere in the store. Hmmm. I was going to use a 50% coupon to buy a book if they had some of the new books that I am interested in buying. No such luck.
2. They were reorganizing the whole rubber stamp aisle. I overheard a customer ask what was going on and the staff member said new stamps were arriving and they were overhauling the entire aisle. The next time I went in those shelves were only about 30% full, so the new shipment has not yet arrived.
3. New pricing is up for rubber stamps including an alphabetical pricing not the color dot, hooray. It drives me crazy when the dot on the stamp is not on the chart and usually the stamp is charged a higher price than what I thought it was.
4. Nearly all of the punches in the brand “Whale of a Punch” were on final clearance at 50% off the original price. I love these in the shapes of circles and squares. They are nested so that they sell, for example, 7/8th inch square, 1 inch square, 1 1/8th square, 1 ½ square, 1 3/8th square, etc. What a deal. I wonder why their line of nesting punches is being downsized?
5. I bought for the first time, Ranger alcohol inks. However they were out of stock on the blending solution so I am not sure how that will impact me if I use it without that blending solution. Wish me luck.
6. I am disappointed that they don’t carry Jacquard Lumiere paints. They are on my wish list and I was hoping to get them for 40% or 50% off.
7. They had a big set of chipboard alphabet letters which I would like. At $17 for the pack, I’ll wait for the 50% off coupon day.
8. I see that a bunch of the materials in the scrapbooking aisle were on final clearance for 50% off. Those supplies are also used by ATC artists and in other non-scrapbooking artists. For example there were photo corners, brads and lots of other doo-dads.
9. I don’t buy stickers, but there were a lot of them on 50% final clearance.
It seems to me that there are a lot of changes in inventory going on at A.C. Moore.
Technorati Tags: craft supplies, A.C. Moore.