Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Tried Contact Paper Transfer and It Failed

Yesterday I went to put some things away into the craft closet and saw my contact paper. I took advantage of a few minutes of free time to try three contact paper transfers with scraps of paper. I used clear contact paper that I have had in the closet for perhaps 3 years. I was following directions in a book. The directions were simple. Put the contact paper on an image to transfer. Rub. Soak. Rub paper off.

It failed miserably. The images were barely visible.

I also noticed the contact paper was not very sticky at all, which I found odd.

Oh well!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Too bad it didn't work. I would guess it has something to do with the age of the contact paper. I had some old contact paper donated at school and I tried to use it and it was horrible. I haven't ever done any transfers with it, though. I really enjoy reading about all the techniques and stuff you do. Thanks.
Julie