Thursday, March 08, 2007

Stained Glass Technique Tip for Art or ATCs

I found this old unpublished entry which I originally wrote in April 2006.

Last night I worked more on stained glass (paint) technique ATCs.

Weeks ago I made the outline part. Last week I painted the insides, then cut them into ATCs. (I did big paper of the design then did random cuttings.)

However, during the drying process, the lines flattened out significantly. When I painted inside the lines it was hard to not get the black part wet with the watercolor paint and when it dried I could see the paint on top of the black (looked terrible).

Last night I sat down with damp Q-tips and cleaned up the black lines. I had to be very careful and make sure the Q-tip was damp, not wet. It worked.

I just wanted to share this in case anyone else had this problem.

No comments: