Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My ATCs: Quick Gel Medium Transfer Method

I took this color image from The Wall Street Journal. It is a charactiture of the Chair of the Federal Reserve, my husband tells me.

This first ATC was made by doing a quick acrylic gel medium transfer onto a background which I had made with acrylic paint.



When I peeled the newspaper off of the print I was left with a distressed looking piece of paper which I didn't want to go to waste.

Taking a piece from The Wall Street Journal I made a background. I then collaged the left over image of the Chair of the Fed onto the top.



I think both ATCs are cool and I especially liked that the main image was from a newspaper which was going to be recycled/thrown away and then also that once the image was used by me I used it a second time for yet another ATC.

This is the QUICK acrylic gel medium transfer method which takes less then 30 seconds to do.

Technorati Tags: , , .

No comments: