Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Discovering Tony Fitzpatrick’s Work

In the zine Play issue 4, published by Teesha Moore, I saw Tony Fitzpatrick’s book “Max and Gaby’s Alphabet”mentioned and recommended.

I am a big fan of children’s alphabet picture books and set out to buy it. Unfortunately it is out of print. I found a copy for about $12 on Amazon—used. I purchased it and then the next day I received an email saying it was sold previously and is no longer available. Darn. I can’t find it on the web, used, for less than $47, which is out of my price range.

Here is the Tony Fitzpatrick's website. I find his work very interesting. It is very detailed and there is a lot to see. The artwork from his latest book called “The Wonder Volume One” is featured on his website and gives you an idea for what his work is like. The prints from that book, and from “The Wonder Volume Two” are for sale on the site.

Here are some of the books that Tony Fitzpatrick has written. By just looking at the covers on these links you can get an idea for what his artwork is like.

Drawing/Collages 2006 Wall Calendar


The Wonder Volume One


The Wonder Volume Two


Dirty Boulevard


Bum Town


Max and Gaby's Alphabet

No comments: