Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My ATCs: "Number One" For Numbers Themed Swap

In October 2006 I sent these ATCs in for a themed number swap. I was assigned the number one.

I will briefly describe the technique then the image it applies to is below it.

1. This background was hand drawn with chalk. The image and the number is rubber stamped with chalk ink. The border coloring is chalk ink.


2. Background is acrylic paint, hand painted. Rubber stamped images of the leaf and the number.

3. Background is acrylic painted. Image is from a tourist brochure and is a quick gel medium transfer. Number one is rubber stamped. Ink edges the border.

4. Tree image is a citrasolv transfer from a newspaper advertisement image, onto white cardstock. Number one is a rubber stamp. Cropped and placed on a background of black gesso'ed cardboard (recycled box).

5. Tree image is a citrasolv transfer from a newspaper advertisement image, onto green cardstock. Number one is a rubber stamp. Cropped and placed on a background of andmade paper (purchased at the craft store).
6. Background is hand painted with watercolor paints on watercolor paper. Rubber stamped images of sun with ink. Cropped and placed on background of handmade paper. Number one is again, a rubber stamp.
7. Background is hand painted with acrylic paint. Flower image by Hero Arts rubber stamp. Nubmer one is a rubber stamp. Light border coloring is ink from a rubber stamp pad.
8. Background is hand painted with acrylic paint. Leaf image and number one is a rubber stamp. Edged with color from ink pad.
9. Packing tape transfer of image of man from a tourist brochure (this is William Gillette the actor and builder of Gilettte's Castle in Connecticut). Bacgkround is hand painted with acrylic paint. Number one and text is rubber stamped images.




10. The scanner cut off this image (sorry). The background is acrylic paint. The leaf and number one are rubber stamped. There is some ink around the border, from an ink pad.

To be honest I had creative block with this themed swap. I had to sign up in advance, something I don't like to do. I then had a deadline to meet. I thought it would be easy to do this swap but it was harder than I anticipated.

When I sent these off I worried that the recipients would not like these. I hope they were appreciated. I did not receive one single response or thank you from people in this swap. Oh well. That was the last swap I did with that specific ATC Yahoo Group, by the way.

No comments: