Monday, December 18, 2006

My Postcard: Mystery Poem Postcard # 2




For this postcard I started with a recycled food box as a base.

I was also working on an artist trading card swap using only junk mail so I had saved the junk mail that arrived in the last few weeks.

The main image of the woman laughing is from a DKNY ad. I started with that.



It looked very plain so I crumpled black tissue paper and adhered it to the right side of the paper. It is bumped up and has texture.


The image of the man is from the Wall Street Journal. He looked very stark and grey from the shade of the newspaper so I added distressing ink from Ranger to darken it.

It still looked very bright so I rubbed sandpaper over the image of the woman, then used the Ranger distressing ink on top.

A top coat of Golden acrylic gel medium in soft gloss was added. The scan of the postcard shows little lines and those are just the lines of the clear gloss sealer. I wanted to seal it so that it would be more durable in the mail.

The size is approximately 4x6 inches.

This was for a swap-bot swap. You can read more about the rules and how the poem's words were found in my other blog entry, here.

Technorati Tags: , , , .

No comments: