Monday, December 18, 2006

My Postcard: Mystery Poem Postcard # 4



I was working on an artist trading card swap using only junk mail so I had saved the junk mail that arrived in the last few weeks.

The entire background including the black and the gold edging was from a DKNY advertisement.

I needed an image of a man who this woman might not be attracted to. I selected this man’s face from The Wall Street Journal. To change the cast from grey to a warmer tone I added distress ink from Ranger (color: vintage photo).

I wrote the poem on the computer and printed it off on the printer. It was too stark white so I crumpled it up and then used distressing ink from Ranger to color it, then spritzing it with water.

I thought the whole thing looked too glossy and dark. I used sandpaper to distress it. However the pure white that came through was not appealing to me. I then took the distress ink from Ranger and dabbed it all over the postcard, then rubbed it all around with a little piece of paper towel.

A top coat of Golden acrylic gel medium in soft gloss was added. The scan of the postcard shows little lines and those are just the lines of the clear gloss sealer. I wanted to seal it so that it would be more durable in the mail.

The size is approximately 4x6 inches.

This was for a swap-bot swap. You can read more about the rules and how the poem's words were found in my other blog entry, here.

Technorati Tags: , , , .

No comments: