Monday, December 18, 2006
My Postcard: Mystery Poem Postcard #1
For this postcard I started with a pasta box with a clear window in it. My goal was to use the window in some way or leave it transparent. (That did not work out in the end, more on that later.)
I was also working on an artist trading card swap using only junk mail so I had saved the junk mail that arrived in the last few weeks. Everything on this except for the comptuer generated poem words is from junk mail. Two different ads for DKNY products were used.
I made a collage of the advertisement cut-out's. I wrote the poem on the computer and printed out the words and glued them to the clear part. I then realized that perhaps in the mailing process the plastic window might rip and the poem would be destroyed. So I glued an image onto the back side.
A top coat of Golden acrylic gel medium in soft gloss was added. The scan of the postcard shows little lines and those are just the lines of the clear gloss sealer. I wanted to seal it so that it would be more durable in the mail.
The size is approximately 4x6 inches.
This was for a swap-bot swap. You can read more about the rules and how the poem's words were found in my other blog entry, here.
Technorati Tags: collage, mail art, swap-bot, postcard swap.